Thursday, November 23, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving

To all my friends and family, but especially those back home in Iowa, goes my wish of a Happy Thanksgiving! I love & miss you all very much. I wish I could be there with you all on this holiday about family and friends, but I'm spending the day at home cooking for our family and friends here in Tennessee.

Those of you who know me will be shocked to know that my Christmas tree is not yet up... I usually put the tree up the Friday before Thanksgiving, then Saturday the lights, Sunday put on the beads and bows, then the ornaments on Monday, and finally I finish out Tuesday and Wednesday putting on the red and gold glass balls and then plug it in Thanksgiving evening.

But since we are hosting Thanksgiving this year, I wanted to keep the two holidays looking least like each other, so we are, at least for the time being sans tree. When all the guests have departed this evening then the furniture will be moved and the tree will go up.

And since I am a multiple Mayflower descendant, I'll close with a quote from William Bradford's Of Plymouth Plantation: "Thus out of small beginnings greater things have been produced by His hand that made all things out of nothing, and gives being to all things that are; and, as one small candle may light a thousand, so the light here kindled hath shone unto many, yea, in some sort to our whole nation."

No comments: