Monday, May 28, 2007

My List of 317...

Have you ever returned home from a trip to a bookstore only to find out that the book you just purchased you already own? Let me tell you it's happened to me more than a couple of times and I find it damn frustrating. A trip the the book store should be fun, not frought with self-debate about wether or not you have a particular volume in your library. A couple of weeks ago I started a project to end those debates with myself. Well my latest project won't entirely fix this problem, unless you take it with you to the book store, but it does make it easier for me (and more importantly those shopping for me - and you know who you are...) to see what exactly is in my library. I have just finished cataloging all 317 volumes in my library of Civil War Nonfiction and have posted it on the Civil War page of my website. Before, people were terrified to buy me any Civil War book at all because they were afraid that it would already be in my library (which has happened -sorry Gregg), but now any one who wants to can quickly go to my website and find out if I have it or not. It's a win/win situation for all... especially me! And when I was all finished I even found a duplicate of "Phantom Army of the Civil War" which I didn't even know I had.

No comments: