Friday, July 27, 2007

A Week of Magical Reading

Well,it took me 6 days, but at 11 a.m. this morning I at long last finished it. Gregg and I stood in line for an hour at Books-A-Million last Friday night at midnight to pick up our & Mike's copies of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, the 7th and final book in J. K. Rowling's Harry Potter saga. And before going to bed at 2:30 a.m. on Saturday morning I fiished reading the first chapter. It's been a magical week of nearly non-stop action, full of twists and turns, of highs and lows, surprising outcomes and both expected and unexpected deaths. I would not dream of giving away anything in the book for those who have not yet read it. But needless to say, Ms. Rowling does not fail to deliver on what she has promised her loyal readers since turning the first page of the first book.

I'm releived to have finally finished it. Am happy with the ending, and yet somewhat saddend too that the book has now closed the final chapter of Harry Potter, the boy that lived.

No comments: