Saturday, January 19, 2008

An Update....

I must apologize for not posting sooner. I have a million and one things going on, none of which are probably all that important to whom ever might be reading this but things that keep me busy none-the-less.

I've been spending quite a bit of time working on my other blog, Civil War Notebook, lately. I plan on using it to post the odds and ends of my study of the Civil War. Right now I'm posting letters and articles that were printed in my hometown (Osceola, Iowa) newspaper, The Union Sentinel, during the Civil War. I've also posted a couple of book reviews. Once the weather warms up and I start going to battlefields and other historic sites and museums I plan to post my thoughts and observations and pictures there as well.

Speaking of books, I'm very proud to say that I am already working on book number 4 for the year, which puts me way ahead of my reading schedule. I do like to try to get ahead of the schedule during the cold winter months, because when the weather warms up I tend to be out and about a bit more and therefore have less time to read.

I'm having a complete physical on this coming Tuesday... it is the year of my 40th birthday, so I guess it's time to start keeping a bit better track of my health. I went in last Teusday and had blood drawn and left a urine sample... with a hundred plus odd years of documented family history of diabetis in the family, I'm fairly anxious to get the results of the blood work and lab tests. I have just a touch of high blood pressure, of which my doctor thinks may be brought on by sleep apnia, so I'm going in for a sleep study on the 28th and I'll get the results of that on Feb. 7th.

No comments: