Friday, September 12, 2008

Free Shipping!!!

I have always been an admirer of Frank Lloyd Wright, the Prairie School of Architecture, and the Arts and Crafts movement of the late 19th & early 20th centuries. A few years ago I, along with good friend, Bob Wolff, visited the Dana-Thomas House in Springfield, Illinois. I was in Springfield a few weeks ago, but due to the unfortunate timing, I happened to be there the weekend of Barak Obama's announcement of his running mate... that being said I didn't get to do everything that I wanted that weekend.

Over the years I've had my eye on a replica of a sumac pendant lamp designed by Frank Lloyd Wright (not only did he design his houses, he designed everthing within them as well). The original happens to hang in the Dana-Thomas House. The lamp is sold by a Nashville store called Highbrow Furniture. I found it while searching the internet for Frank Lloyd Wright lamps. When I first found it, it was modestly priced at $33,000. Today, it can be yours for a mere $58,000. Highbrow Furniture will even deliver it for free.

No comments: