Friday, December 12, 2008

The Weather Outside Was Frightful...

We got a bit of rain, ice and snow here last night, causing its fair share of pandemonium around the call center last night with people wanting to go home and all, and not wanting to actually venture out and drive in it. As a native Iowan, I'm not bothered at all by such weather events when they happen... this is old hat for me. I keep telling people as long as you drive like you've got a brain in your head you will most surely get from where you are to where you want to be... slow and steady wins the race. It might not be as fast as you might like, but that's just the way it is... deal with it and stop whining about it. In any case the great thaw had already begun by the time I got up this morning at 9 o'clock. Above is a picture out our front door, taken just shortly after I got up. It's nice to look at, but aside from the minor snow's we have here in Tennessee I'm very happy that I no longer have to really deal with it, and am just as happy to see it go... Gregg, on the other hand, has never experienced a blizzard and wants to desparately... Been there, done that and have the ticket stub to prove it.

No comments: