Tuesday, November 04, 2008

It's Time For A Change

Today I proudly cast my vote for the next President of the United States, Barack Obama. Had it not been for my vote for Lamar Alexander, I would have voted a straight democratic ticket. The presidency of George W. Bush is a failed presidency. His pre-emptive war policy is a failed war policy. His economic stimulus package did not stimulate the economy. Instead we have seen record drops in the stock market. The Republican Party has lost its way and has been led to the edge of a steep precipice. I at this time cannot, and will not, vote to elect a Republican president, whose base constituency believes that homosexuals are “biological errors,” who don’t believe that gay couples should have the same rights and privileges as heterosexual couples (not special rights – the same rights) and who wants to overturn Roe vs. Wade. It’s time for a change. I’m tired of a plain spoken President whose vocabulary includes the phrases “evil doers” and “axis of evil.” I want a President who knows the power of language and knows how it can be used to inspire hope instead of fear. It’s time for a change.

No comments: