Wednesday, July 26, 2006

The Ruins

Okay, finished reading The Ruins yesterday (it only took me 4 days), and wow.... the only thing I can equate it to is watching a slasher movie where you find yourself yelling at the screen "Don't go out that door. Don't go out that door. Don't go out that door," and when she goes out that door shout out to the screen "Oh my God! She just went out that door!" And when she dies some grusome death at the hands of the killer you find yourself shouting "I told her not to go out that door!"

Well it's receiving mixed reviews on www.amazon.com so far, but hey, I got my money's worth out of it... it is what it is and doesn't once pretend to be anything other than what it is.

Next up on the reading list Roy Morris' The Better Angel: Walt Whitman in the Civil War.

No comments: